Teachers and students alike experience midyear slump that often impacts their performance negatively. Below we try to give you tips for coping or avoiding the negative impact of a midyear slump altogether.
• A change of scenery has the power to inspire. Students can revamp their lockers and desks at home with new decorations, artwork and organizational tools, like a color-coded bulletin board. on the other hand, teachers can make updates to classrooms to give students and themselves a fresh perspective.
• Add a fun splash of color to music-making to get through the midyear slump. With Casiotone CT-S200 keyboards, you can select from vibrant red or white, in addition to the standard black. The ability to hook up to any portable music player so that the user can play any music downloaded to the device offers versatility in lesson planning, practice, and performance.
• If you use calculators, customize them with covers that are delightful to get through midyear slump. If you however want to keep it simple, some models are stylish and colorful right out of the box. One such example is the fx-9750GII. Available in black, blue or pink, this can be a great way to give young mathematicians a fun and useful tool to see them through finals, college entrance exams, and more.
• If you didn’t purchase new accessories like backpacks, gym bags, or laptop cases at the beginning of the school year, maybe it’s time for a refresh. Slick new carrying essentials can give a student greater confidence while traveling from home to the classroom, and help brighten the school day.
• Quotes and messages greeting students each morning to building out lessons with pictures from around the globe may also brighten both the teachers’ and students’ day. A projector designed to work well in the classroom, such as the Casio Ultra Short Throw projector XJ-U351, can be a versatile tool for teachers looking to liven things up or engage students with inspiring messages and quotes in a lively conversation.
By embracing colorful tools, students and teachers can work their way out of the midyear slump for a strong finish to the end of the school year.(StatePoint).
PHOTO SOURCE: (c) diego_cervo / iStock via Getty Images Plus